Below is a roundup of all the coverage of the McNally appeal result that I am aware of. This should be a complete list, so if I have missed any please let me know.
Many of the articles and blog posts contain swearing or homophobic or transphobic language, although usually as part of the comments rather than in the main body of the text.
Other than the first three items which are notable because of where they have been published, entries are listed in date order.
- Paris Lees/Vice: Should Trans People Have to Disclose Their Birth Gender Before Sex?
- Jane Fae/New Statesman: Trans or otherwise, it’s time to overhaul the law on “rape by deception”
- Incorporated Council of Law Reporting’s summary of the case.
- British and Irish Legal Information Institute: The text of the original judgement
- Lexie Cannes/Guerrilla Angel Report: UK court ruling: trans people engaging in sex without disclosure may be criminal
- UK Criminal Law Blog: When is consent not consent?
- Stavvers/Another Angry Woman: We need to talk about rape, “deception” and trans people
- Emma Brownbill/Useful Nuisance: Cis until proven guilty: Disclosure and consent at the Court of Appeal
- Cheryl Morgan/Cheryl’s Mewsings: UK Writes Trans Panic Into Law
- Planetransgender: UK court convicts teen for non disclosure of trans status prior to penetration
- Mercia McMahon/Trans Scribe: Justine Judgement and Justine Justice
- Cissiegirl/Pat’s Handmaid: You Can’t HAVE Marriage Equality Without Trans Equality!
- Rachel Bower/Geek Girl: The Justine McNally judgment – homophobic not transphobic
- Jane Fae/Fae Interrupted: The reality of ignorant judgment