Blog posts relating to Tuesday night’s conference call: (In no particular order)
- Zoe O’Connell, Complicity – The party machine’s view on communication interception
- Jennie Rigg, Miss S B – I’ve Just Got Off The Phone After a Conference Call With the Office of the DPM and More on the CCDP thing, and on LibDemmery in general.
- Jonathan Calder, Liberal England – Some unsolicited political advice for Nick Clegg
- Richard Morris, A View From Ham Common – Observations on last night’s conference call with the great and the good.
A few prior to that call, or not related to it:
- Zoe O’Connell, Complicity – People’s Democratic Republic of Liberal Democracy
- Nic Prigg’s Blog – An Open Letter to the LibDem Party Leadership!
- Spineless Liberal – Don’t Patronise Me – Or Spy on Me
- Julian Huppert on LibDemVoice – Safeguards to control state surveillance
- James Firth, Slightly Right of Centre – Government internet snoop plans in a small a nutshell as I can manage and Confusion over warrants, surveillance powers and the intrusiveness of traffic data
- Caron’s Musings – E-mail and web snooping idea – why I’m worried
- Mark Pack – Walking: it’s time to take action on this major terrorist threat and Government snooping plans: why I’m not outraged, yet
- Mark Pack on LibDemVoice – The wheels are coming off the online monitoring bandwagon
- Jon Walls, Contrasting Sounds – The CCDP: the many ways in which it is mistaken
Later additions to this list:
- Jennie Rigg, Miss S B – “New” Government Plans to Snoop on Email and Social Networks: Tinfoil Hat Time?
- Legion’s Eagle – Aargh!!!. “Myth Two” is a particularly important point
- A C McGregor, Leading Lines – An Insult to my Freedom
Mainstream press, firstly prior to the call:
- Nick Clegg’s Interview on World at One (Transcript by Richard Morris, A View from Ham Common)
- New Statesman (The Staggers) – Clegg must speak up against web snooping
- The Sun – Terrorism debate: Are GCHQ set to spy on you?
- Daily Mail – Promises betrayed, and this stealthy slide into Big Brother Britain
- The Guardian – Nick Clegg tried to head off Lib Dem revolt over email surveillance plans
- The Guardian Letters Page – Liberal Democrat MPs stand up for data privacy
And a couple from after: (Note the difference in tone!)
- The Guardian – Nick Clegg attacks ‘blunderbuss’ Tories
- New Statesman (The Staggers) – Clegg ups the volume on civil liberties
- The Times (£) – We’ll let Liberty rule on internet snooping, says Clegg