Sorry, couldn’t resist the alliteration in the title. I have a longer post planned for tomorrow morning which includes discussion of Stonewall’s response and the Independent article, but in the interim here are a couple of updates from Twitter and other sources that may be of interest:
- There’s a protest brewing, with it’s own Facebook page
- Why The Silence Stonewall? have Stonewall’s belated reply to their letter, as well as Andrew’s response to it.
- The Independent picked up the story yesterday and also ran an opinion piece by Scott Roberts.
- The original Pink News Story is online at Gay Critic, for anyone that hasn’t seen it. I also have a local copy, just in case.
- Comments from the Equal Marriage debate on Monday about Sunday’s Stonewall meeting are on BBC iPlayer:
- Ed Fordham is at 3:00:48 – “Stonewall do not support the motion, it’s a joke and they are letting down LGBT community“
- Brian Paddick is at 3:10:08 – “Stonewall were at a fringe event yesterday and they opposed Equal Marriage“
- Stephen Gilbert MP at 3:13:50 – “Stonewall seem bizarrely to oppose the motion.It should not be up to me to lobby Stonewall to support equal rights for the gay community, it should be you lobbying me.“
- Via Clay Harris, we have some alternatives to Stonewall if you currently donate money to them, either personally or as a business. Clay says “Always Gift Aid donations if recipients are charities. That boosts their income.” In no particular order:
- LGBT History Month
- Schools Out (Originally from Zefrog)
- Peter Tatchell
- UK Lesbian & Gay Immigration Group
- EACH – Educational Action Challenging Homophobia
And finally two I’d like to add: